My first post was Yes, I’m Really Doing This on January 9, 2013. It kicked off my new blog entitled Being A Wordsmith one year ago today.
To say I was scared to publish that first post is an understatement. I was petrified, unsure, and very vulnerable. I remember it like it was yesterday. I had no real vision or focus–just a desire to write, express, and download my thoughts and ambitions.
One year later, I am thriving in a community of inspirational, motivational, no-holds barred bloggers and entrepreneurs. I am having a ball!
Highlights of my 1st year blogging:
- Sharing my personal experiences in a way that I have never been able to do before
- Trying new recipes with the anticipation that I could share them with my readers
- Hosting a unique blog challenge, the September Sapphire Even Day Blog Challenge
- Hosting a monthly linky party, Traffic Jam Weekend, due to the huge response from one of the September Sapphire Even Day Blog Challenge writing prompts
- Completing my 16 year long manuscript and publishing it as a result of my renewed passion for writing via blogging
- Transferring my blog from Blogger to WordPress with a DIY kit
- Various accolade features and awards for my posts
- Connecting with Joi at Rx Fitness Lady, Kate at Another Clean Slate, and Michelle at A Dish of Daily Life, has enhanced my 1st year of blogging tremendously. I have been in a mutual admiration society with these phenomenal bloggers since the EARLY part of my blogging journey. They have been very supportive, retweeted my tweets, participated in my blog challenges and linky parties, and provided many, many comments on my posts. Thank you for your continued support, motivation, and love.
- The aforementioned bloggers have allowed me to connect with, introduced me to, and forwarded traffic my way via various other fantastic bloggers. I am not going to try to name all of them for fear of forgetting someone. But know that these new connections also give me support, motivation, and love continuously.
- Recently my blog has flourished due to involvement with Facebook Groups such as…
- Southern Girl Blog Community Group (SGBC) moderated by Chene at Prototype Mama
- Bloggers Like Me (BLM Girls) moderated by Leslie at Fashion du Jour Daily
- Real Life (Kokoa Magazine) moderated by Kita at Kokoa Magazine
- Doing You Well FB Group moderated by Michell at Prowess and Pearls
If you do not belong to a Facebook group centered around supporting bloggers, JOIN ONE!
- I would be remiss not to mention The SITS Girls Community which I have learned a tremendous amount of blogging knowledge from. If for some odd, strange, weird reason you don’t know of this fantastic group, check them out here. I heard about them almost immediately after deciding to write my first post. Not only do they provide an unlimited amount of resources on their site, they encourage and promote networking among their followers. One of my biggest goals for 2014 is to attend one of their Bloggy Boot Camp Conferences to soak up every ounce of their training.
My favorite post of the year was my flashback to my 40th Birthday Surprise provided by Hubby. I laughed and cried the whole time I drafted it and every time I re-read it.
My most re-pinned post on Pinterest this past year is Pinterest To The Rescue. Almost 2,000 re-pins!
New things for Being A Wordsmith…
Expect to see more of my new interview series 5 Questions With… where I interview people who are doing happy, healthy, and wise things
A personal goal update post the last week of each month called Top HaHeWis (short for Happier, Healthier, Wiser)
A monthly feature called REWIND REPOST which will be an update to one of my previous posts
Thank you ALL for your comments, shares, pins, and likes. I am truly blessed and embracing my One Word for 2014…JOY!
Here’s a little giveaway to show my appreciation. Be sure to enter…