- Welcome to my lifestyle blog. I survived chickenpox, Catholic School, cancer, and childbirth.

The Scandal of the Good Wife, Single Ladies, and Real Housewives

My favorite TV shows featuring women in lead roles are going through some major changes. Cancellations, finales, and drastic shake-ups.

ENTIRE POST CONTAINS SPOILER ALERTS

The Good Wife (CBS) is one of the best dramas on network television. Although Julianna Margulies’ character, Alicia Florrick is a scorned wife to now Governor Peter Florrick (Chris Noth), her relationship with Will Gardner (Josh Charles) has been a huge part of the show. The shocking death of Will in last Sunday’s episode stunned fans. It will surely catapult storylines for many seasons to come. Josh Charles will be missed. But I am excited to see how Alicia will cope. And I’m looking forward to the return of Michael J. Fox‘s character.

Scandal (ABC) is always on fire. No doubt. But the reveal of James Novak as the fatal victim of #whogotshot was jarring. Watching Cyrus Beene’s (Jeff Perry) deferred breakdown over his husband’s death was heart wrenching. Dan Bucatinsky who played James isn’t hurting for other gigs though. He won an Emmy last year for his role on Scandal, produces and writes for Shonda Rhimes’ other hit show Grey’s Anatomy, and he has other projects underway.

The season finale of Single Ladies (VH1) this past Monday was the series finale. That’s right! The three season girlfest has been cancelled. I was slow to favor this show but grew to really enjoy it. Queen Latifah’s Flavor Unit Entertainment made it VH1‘s first hour-long scripted series. LisaRaye McCoy’s character, Keisha Greene, signed off with yet another relationship break-up. April Goldberg (Charity Shea) had three chaotic hook-ups relationships in Season 3 with the last resulting in the typical Vegas hangover scene of waking up to wedding bands on their fingers. Raquel Lancaster (Denise Vasi) danced into the sunset with new love Terrence Franks (Harold “House” Moore). Omar Kearse (Travis Winfrey) landed a big deal to design his own clothing line with the help of newcomer Felicia Price. A role that R&B singer LeToya Luckett surprised us all with. I’ll miss all of the fabulous fashion and girls nights out that Single Ladies provided. Maybe another channel will pick it up.

The Real Housewives of Atlanta (Bravo) is always a melee of drama, comedy, shade, and spilled tea. Online reports surfaced yesterday that an altercation happened between longtime rivals Porsha Williams and Kenya Moore during the taping of RHOA’s Season 6 Reunion show. There are conflicting headlines on whether or not it was halted before they came to blows. Now that’s reality TV!

Do you think Alicia will return to Lockhart Gardner on The Good Wife?

Were you a fan of Single Ladies?

Did you guess right as to #whogotshot on Scandal?

signature

Linking to: That’s Fresh Friday, This Momma’s Meandering MondaysTurn It Up Tuesday

• Kate says:

OMG I hadn’t watched last week’s Good Wife yet! That is insane!!!! I guess the Alicia/Will thing was being played out but seriously nuts!
    Kate recently posted…I can be craftyMy Profile

March 28, 2014 at 1:11 pm
    • beingawordsmith says:

You must catch up when you can! Josh Charles decided to leave the show a year ago, so the storyline has been in the making for quite some time. So good.

March 31, 2014 at 3:05 pm
  • kita says:

I figured single ladies was going to be cancelled no one was talking about them. I love scandal it’s probably the only thing I truly watch these days.
    kita recently posted…Motherhood it’s what I live forMy Profile

March 28, 2014 at 2:15 pm
    • beingawordsmith says:

Both shows have great clothes. Thanks Kita!

March 31, 2014 at 3:06 pm
  • kim@ This Ole Mom says:

Thanks for showing me how to do the links. Your blog looks good.

Kim
    kim@ This Ole Mom recently posted…Marco’s Pizza ReviewMy Profile

March 28, 2014 at 7:22 pm
    • beingawordsmith says:

Happy to share the info. Thanks Kim!

March 31, 2014 at 3:07 pm
  • Britton says:

My guess on Scandal was that no one got shot and that both James and Cyrus got inducted in to B613 (or whatever it is…)! Boy was I was wrong! Seeing Cyrus break down at the podium was soooo sad. I don’t watch the other shows mentioned except RHOA, and I am excited about this reunion!
    Britton recently posted…40 DaysMy Profile

March 31, 2014 at 7:35 am
    • beingawordsmith says:

Hey Britton! Before it aired I thought Jake fired and missed on purpose. And then when it aired and I saw James get shot, I thought maybe he and Jake were faking it together. Until I saw James still on the ground hours later. Very sad.

March 31, 2014 at 3:09 pm
  • Julie @ Girl on the Move says:

I definitely did not guess correctly at who got shot on Scandal!
    Julie @ Girl on the Move recently posted…March 2014 Foodie PenpalMy Profile

March 31, 2014 at 1:00 pm
    • beingawordsmith says:

The writing on Scandal is awesome. Always keeps viewers guessing.

March 31, 2014 at 3:09 pm
  • Nellie @ Brooklyn Active Mama says:

Glad to know that Dan B. has other projects, did you read the article he wrote on HuffPo? Made me love him even more.

The storylines are never ending for the good wife, but I will miss Josh O MUCH!!
    Nellie @ Brooklyn Active Mama recently posted…Friday Fitness Check-in: Dear BodyPump, Where Have You Been All My Life?My Profile

April 4, 2014 at 4:50 pm
    • beingawordsmith says:

I have read his articles. And saw his interview on Oprah’s Next Chapter. Talented guy.

April 7, 2014 at 10:14 am
  • Joi @ Rx Fitness Lady says:

I watched all three seasons of Single Ladies, not really sure why! It was just ok! I won’t miss it too much. However, I will miss Will so much! I am still paining over that one. I just don’t think it will be the same!
    Joi @ Rx Fitness Lady recently posted…Go Where the Fire is, NOT Where You Wish it Would BeMy Profile

April 18, 2014 at 1:27 pm
    • beingawordsmith says:

I thought Single Ladies was the little engine that could. I guess it just didn’t have any fight left. I miss Will too. But The Good Wife is going to kick some butt now.

April 18, 2014 at 7:47 pm