Last June I posted about the Season 2 premiere of Hollywood Exes on VH1. Well, those feisty ladies are back on Wednesday, May 7, 2014 with their Season 3 premiere. And of course with new twists and turns!
The 5 original cast members are returning for another entertaining season about their real lives as celebrity exes. A new cast member from last season is returning and there will be another new addition.
SPOILER ALERT! SPOILER ALERT!
- Nicole Murphy (ex-wife of actor/comedian Eddie Murphy), who is engaged to former NFL player and current TV host Michael Strahan (Live! With Kelly & Michael and now Good Morning America), is one of the executive producers for the show. She is a mother of 5 who gracefully tries to mediate the differences between the women (all long-time friends of hers) on the show. She and Michael have recently moved into a new home and are delaying their nuptials once again due to their bi-coastal life and respective careers. Nicole’s latest venture is the launch of a new brand of Moscato wine.
- Jessica Canseco (ex-wife of baseball player Jose Canseco) is always up for a good time, but does not know how to bite her tongue. She’s a pistol–and up until last season–had run-ins with all the women on the show except for BFF Nicole. Well, Nicole is no longer exempt after she wore fur around PETA supporter, Jessica, who in turn set it on fire.
- Mayte Garcia (ex-wife of singer/songwriter Prince) fulfilled a longtime dream when she adopted a baby girl on last season’s show. In Season 3, we will see her in a new committed relationship. And she’s ready to expand her family further. We will see her have turmoil with many of the ladies in the group for various reasons.
- Andrea Kelly (ex-wife of singer/songwriter R. Kelly) is the realest of all the ladies. Most of her dialogue makes for great tweets. She has fought hard to balance her life in Chicago and in L.A. and recover from a foot injury that sidelined her dance career. She shocks all the ladies this season by announcing her engagement to the new younger guy in her life.
- Sheree Fletcher (ex-wife of actor/rapper Will Smith) is the only cast member that is currently married. To a pastor! But don’t get it twisted, she will still tell you what’s on her mind. Last season, she was adjusting to living with her husband full-time after maintaining a successful long-distance marriage. This season we will see the toll that is taking on them as Sheree re-evaluates her life.
- Shamicka Lawrence (ex-wife of actor/comedian Martin Lawrence) joined the cast last season. She’s the only non-drinker in the group and is very sweet. Until she’s crossed. She bumped heads with Jessica several times last season (regarding the aforementioned PETA/fur incident among other things) and started on the wrong foot with Mayte. Living a happier, healthier life has kept her Lupus disease at bay. After more problems arise in Season 3 with Jessica, Shamicka may be keeping her at bay as well.
Who is the new addition for Season 3?
Shanna Moakler will be joining the cast of Hollywood Exes. The former Miss USA is the ex-wife of rocker Travis Barker. She has three children, one by boxer Oscar de la Hoya. Shanna is no stranger to reality TV. She and Travis filmed Meet the Barkers on MTV for two seasons. She and Nicole are friends and will work together on the Miss Nevada USA pageant, which Shanna produces.
Below is an extended sneak peek at Season 3 of Hollywood Exes on VH1.
Will you be watching the new season of Hollywood Exes?
If so, which cast member are you looking forward to seeing?
Do you watch Good Morning America, Live! With Kelly and Michael, or another morning TV show?
Rewind: Repost is a monthly feature on Being A Wordsmith that gives an update on previous posts.