My staycation from blogging is over! It’s back to business. I enjoyed spending extra time with The Deuce and Hubby, working on special projects, and creating an outline for my second book. July was full of reflections, forecasting, and goal setting.
Highlights of my July staycation…
Floor tickets for Essence Festival during Fourth of July weekend. Prince was headlining and he was fabulous as expected! I also loved performances by Jill Scott, Janelle Monae, Mary J. Blige, Lionel Richie, and Charlie Wilson. Uncle Charlie performs every year at Essence Fest and he is always a hit with the crowd. Three days of non-stop entertainment is exhausting but I enjoy it every year.
Visiting the Stennis Space Center in Mississippi with The Deuce and our cousins Casey and Trey. I live very close to the MS border. The Space Center has its own zip code and is the equivalent of 5 small towns.
Watching The Deuce take swimming lessons was a treat. I was very proud of him. I also enjoyed our annual back to school shopping tradition we started with my mother. See last year’s pics here. This year my daddy joined in the fun.
Be sure to check out my NEW AND IMPROVED Rigged Recipes Page on the menu above. Thanks to Jen at Driftwood Gardens who has a fabulous tutorial for CataBlog. Pin her post on it to your Pinterest board here.
What I’m looking forward to in August:
- Resuming my regular features on Being A Wordsmith such as Traffic Jam Weekend Linky Party, Rewind: Repost, Top HaHeWi, and PIG Linky Party
- Co-hosting the Turn It Up Tuesday Linky Party again every week this month starting at 8pm EST on Monday, August 4th. So check back here then!
- The Deuce begins 2nd Grade on August 7th at a new school
- Did I say The Deuce goes back to school?
- Gearing up for my annual September Sapphire Even Day Blog Challenge. Details coming soon!
- A family wedding
How was your Summer?
When do your kids go back to school?
What are you looking forward to in August?