Looking for a quick, scrumptious chicken recipe? I’ve got one for you. The other day, I laid eyes on a pack of chicken thighs that I had in the freezer. Costco sells them in sealed twin packs. I defrosted them and then pulled out my cast iron skillet to get to work.
- Juice from 2 limes
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 4 to 5 chicken thighs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- In a small bowl, combine lime juice, honey, and soy sauce and set aside.
- Pull the skin back on chicken thighs and sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Heat olive oil in cast iron skillet on medium-high. Add chicken thighs, skin side down, and sear for about 5 minutes or until skin gets golden brown.
- Flip chicken thighs over skin side up. Add the honey/lime/soy mixture to skillet. Reduce heat to low. Cover and cook 15 to 18 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- After plating chicken, drizzle liquid from skillet over it.
Garnish with lime wedges.
Do you cook often with a cast iron skillet?
Which part of the chicken do you prefer?
See ya later,