I recently indulged in a girls’ weekend outing to celebrate the belated birthday of one of my BFFs. It was a much needed break for me. I’m outnumbered by males in my household 2:1 so additional estrogen was welcomed. I lived in Detroit once upon a time and five ladies from there came to my neck of the woods for this celebration. Some of them had experienced New Orleans before and others had no idea what was in store for them. Ironic thing is I was the one who learned a thing or two…
1. Your husband’s interest in you triples while you are away for a girls’ weekend.
2. While you are busy posing for the group pic you asked the bartender to take, he has already taken one of himself with your camera.
3. If you put your iPhone/iPod in an empty glass it amplifies the music you play on it.
4. Sometimes it’s best to be quiet and watch non-believers let Siri get them lost help them find their way.
5. People will travel over 1,000 miles to the seafood Mecca of the world and only want to eat Mexican food, pizza, fried chicken and burgers.