This accolade makes me humble and reflect on my previous post, You Like Me, You Really Like Me (In My Sally Field Voice). I was nominated for a Liebster Award by Marge from Fit And Beyond 40. I was settling in for the night when I received her message and I jumped from my bed to grab my laptop to thank her. She’s a nurse who blogs about happy, healthy, and wise living. My kind of girl.
What is a Liebster Award? It’s an honor given to new bloggers like me by another blogger who received one. It promotes connections in the blogging community.
The rules: 1) Nominee posts award on their blog 2) Nominee links back to the nominator’s blog 3) Nominee lists 11 random facts about her/himself 4) Nominee answers 11 questions nominator poses 5) Nominee then nominates new bloggers they deem worthy with about 300 followers or less and leaves comment on their blog that they did so 6) Nominee poses 11 questions for their nominees to answer
11 Random Facts About Me
1. I learned that I had cancer on New Year’s Eve 2004. I beat it after 9 months of chemo and radiation. My friends threw me a New Year’s Eve party in September 2005 to celebrate the one I missed and the ones ahead.
2. I didn’t get my driver’s license until I was 21. Never made it a priority until then.
3. I have a B.A. in Theatre from Louisiana State University (LSU). Geaux Tigers! My minor was Mass Communications.
4. I have been with Hubby longer than I have not been with him. 23 years. 🙂
5. I took my first airplane ride when I was 25.
6. Had to file taxes in 3 states one year because I moved so much.
7. Hubby and I are both born on the 12th day of the month.
8. Although baptized and raised in the Baptist faith, I converted to Catholicism when I was 30.
9. My soon-to-be 6 year old son says I’m his best friend and he’s never leaving home.
10. My daddy and Hubby’s daddy are both named Ronald.
11. My favorite acting experience was a leading role in a documentary about the haunted plantation, The Myrtles in St. Francisville, Louisiana. Make-up artist, catered food, wardrobe assistants, and the British producers paid me in cash. Jackpot!
11 Questions from Marge
1. Why did you start blogging?
I began blogging to provide a platform to promote a novel I’ve been writing for a very long time. It turned into another whole project.
2. If you could eat lunch anywhere in the world, where and what would you eat?
I often daydream about sitting at a small restaurant in Italy with a saucer of olive oil and seasonings, a loaf of warm bread, and a bottle of red wine. That is all.
3. Whom, what, or/where does your blogging inspiration come from?
I’m inspired to blog about my daily life as a WAHM. The first rule of writing is to write about what you know. That’s what I try to do.
4. How do you handle a stressful day?
I think positive thoughts no matter how negative the circumstances seem. A positive thought is 100 times more powerful than a negative thought.
5. What do you hope that your children remember about you?
That I love him unconditionally. That even if we don’t agree on something, my love for him will always remain.
6. What is your favorite recipe?
Alton Brown’s Seafood Gumbo because it helped me, who was born and raised in Louisiana but lacked knowledge of how to make it, gain my grandmother’s seal of approval.
7. What is your favorite quote?
“Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.” – John Lennon
8. What projects are you working on right now?
My novel manuscript is about a third of the way done.I am also doing some home organization, scrapbooking, and DIY decor projects.
9. What is the best thing about you?
I’m an optimist.
10. Will you follow the bloggers that you nominate?
11. What makes you giggle?
When my young son gives me a totally unexpected answer to a question.
The Sticky Mom She blogs about her busy life with two infants that are 13 months apart.
Running With A Stroller A SoCal runner who inspires others by blogging about the races she runs all over the country.
The Owl’s Nest A pastry cook with awesome food pictures and unique DIY crafts.
The Late Farmer Homeschooling mom living on a farm after serving in the military.
Wise Learners Educator, self-professed geek, humanitarian, and a DAD!
Rx Fitness Lady Joi is a pharmacist, fitness trainer, and entrepreneur with previous accolades and a nice following. But she’s a great new blogger that I couldn’t ignore.
1. How do you manage your e-mail inbox(es)?
2. Favorite social media for your blog? Why?
3. What would you like to do with your blog that you have not already done?
4. Do you have a regimen for writing/publishing posts? If so, what is it?
5. Favorite book?
6. Favorite author?
7. Favorite film?
8. What album would you want on a deserted island if you could only have one?
9. Which show would you compete on–Survivor or The Amazing Race?
10. What do you enjoy most about blogging?
11. What is the best blogging advice you have received?