Which songs speak to you? Evoke vivid memories? Well, here are the top 5 songs that transport me. Enjoy.
If You Leave by Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark on Grooveshark
1. I am a huge ’80s pop/rock fan and a huge ’80s film fan. So of course I love this song from the Pretty In Pink soundtrack. I still stop dead in my tracks in a department store whenever I hear “If You Leave” on the speakers above my head. I’ll probably never know what “seven years went under the bridge…” means but that’s o.k. Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark does.
Come Back To Me by Janet Jackson on Grooveshark
2. I loved Janet Jackson’s Rhythm Nation 1814 album for all the upbeat dance music it’s known for. But “Come Back To Me” is a love ballad on it that reminds me of dating Hubby in high school.
I Will Always Love You by Whitney Houston on Grooveshark
3. I can’t listen to “I Will Always Love You” the same as I once did since Whitney Houston’s death. It now evokes memories of the pallbearers lifting her casket and carrying her out of the church at her funeral. I watched the televised service in its entirety and this song was played for the recessional. It’s still beautiful though.
We Belong Together by Mariah Carey on Grooveshark
4. Although “We Belong Together” is from Mariah Carey’s 10th album, it is my favorite of all her hits. I played it repeatedly when it came out. When Mariah sang it on American Idol recently, Hubby told me it was his favorite of hers too. 🙂
Endless Summer Nights by Richard Marx on Grooveshark
Whip Appeal by Baby Face on Grooveshark
5. THIS IS A TIE! I could not choose between Richard Marx’s “Endless Summer Nights” which has Dave Koz’s awesome saxophone solos and Babyface singing his heart out on “Whip Appeal”. I was such a hopeless hopeful teenager then.
If you are looking for more good music, I talked previously about some of my favorite soundtracks.
Which songs take you back ?