One of my first posts was written when the Super Bowl was held in New Orleans earlier this year. I thought it was a perfect time to dispel myths about Louisiana while the country was enthralled with The Big Easy during the biggest sporting event of the year. Read that post here.
Today I’m dispelling more myths by celebrating the Liebster award that Alison from Embrace The Struggle nominated me for.
I have been fortunate enough to be nominated for this award before. This time around, I’m revelling in it in a different way. A Liebster Award is given to fellow bloggers with less than 200 followers but who are considered up-and-coming in the blogosphere.
Alison describes the word liebster in a way I had not heard before. She writes, Liebster is a German word that can be translated as “sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.” That made me appreciate her nomination all the more.
In accepting this honor, I am to answer questions that Alison posed for me. So here goes..
- What’s your guilty pleasure? Playing Cityville on Facebook.
- You’re forced to choose between buying shoes and buying makeup. Which one wins? Makeup. I like a new pair of shoes, but you won’t catch me buying them often.
- Which skill, or set of skills, do you still want to master? Swimming in deep water.
- Which movie recently made you weep? Strangely, I haven’t seen a movie that has made me weep in a long time. But I recently watched a rerun of Oprah’s Life Class with Pastor Rick Warren and wept like a baby.
- What tidbit about you would surprise most of your blog readers? I have never eaten Ramen Noodles.
- If I took away books and music from you, which would cause you to have withdrawal symptoms? Books. I love, love, love to read.
- What is a deal-breaker for you in friendships? Tryin’ to step to my man!
- Planes, trains, and automobiles. Which is your preferred mode of transportation? Why? Planes because they get you to your destination quicker. I’ve never been on a train.
- Who was your favorite musician when you were a teenager? Toss up between Janet Jackson and Madonna.
- Which subject did you hate the most in school? Math.
- What fashion trend did you try out and live to regret? Neon clothing in middle school. One Christmas I received a neon sweatshirt, neon top, and neon fabric headband. And one black lace fingerless glove. I wore them all together. It was cool then. But now when I look back at the pictures. It was a HOT MESS!
Many of the bloggers that I know have received this award before or have more than 200 followers. So…instead of nominating 11 more bloggers, I am prompting anyone reading this post to leave their answers to the 11 questions above in the comments below.
The writing prompt for Saturday, September 28, 2013 is Pinaholic. (Okay that’s not in the dictionary currently, but give it some time.) Share your Pinterest URL and show off some of your favorite boards and pins.
The KiteReaders Giveaway is still in full effect. Click here to enter to win one of the awesome prizes. Tablet accessories, cases for iPads and Kindle Fires, stylus pens, Nook Stand and more!
Giveaway closed now