I just love talking about OWN’s hit TV show, Tyler Perry’s The Haves and the Have Nots! Don’t you? I posted about the popularity of Season 1 here and the Season 1 Finale here. I am pleased to say that I converted some people with those posts. The hashtag for Season 2 has been #TooDarnHot. And oh boy, it has been! Will you be watching the Season 2 Finale tonight?
6 Reasons Why We Love The Haves and the Have Nots
1. Candace’s gumption: Tika Sumpter’s portrayal makes you believe she is entitled to say the things that Candace says and walk away unscathed. She’s just that convincing.
2. Hanna’s courage: A woman of God you don’t want to cross! The roller coaster ride that she was on this season rivals every one at Six Flags Over Georgia. Crystal Fox made the character transitions seamless.
3. Veronica’s tenacity: The explosive scene in the Season 1 Finale where Veronica degraded Jeffery’s declaration that he is gay spoke volumes. The actress in me thought, “Damn, girl, you did that!” The mother in me was repulsed. But the realist in me recognized that there are women out there who think just like she does.
4. Jeffery’s struggle: Sons love their Mommas–especially in the South. Viewers empathize with Jeffery’s plight to live his truth as a gay man against the wishes of his controlling, politically ambitious mother. Should he honor thy mother or defy her wishes?
5. The “no going back” element: Have you heard the saying, “you can’t unpop a balloon”? Wyatt mowed down Benny which left him brain dead. Benny’s father, Tony then had him removed from life support via a court order. Neither of those things can be undone. Hanna and Katheryn’s friendship will forever be changed.
6. Oprah’s OWN Network is airing a special three-episode series, The Tyler Perry Show: The Haves and the Have Nots Creator/Writer/Director/Executive Producer Tyler Perry discusses all things related to the show with a live audience. The talk show format has been airing after this season’s last three episodes of THATHN. Perry interviews members of the cast and I really enjoy hearing the actors’ take on their characters.
Be sure to go check out the new comedy Tyler Perry’s The Single Moms Club being released in theaters this weekend. I am! The previews are hysterical!
What are your thoughts on the Season 2 Finale of THATHN?
Who is your favorite THATHN character? Your least favorite?
Will you be going to see Tyler Perry’s The Single Moms Club?
Linking to: Wake Up Wednesday